Another Previa forum

General Previa Related Chat

Moderators: Simon, DOC

Another Previa forum

Postby bad egg » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:43 pm

I like resources and learning about my van... I don't want to step on any toes, and sorry in advance if this is out of line here, but add this link to your bookmarks:

http://www.clubprevia.com

I already surf the Previa forum on toyota nation, VIPStyleCars, and the Yahoo Previa owner's group, and I have learned something helpful at each site that will make my '94 a better van. If you have another resource that I need to bookmark, please let me know...
bad egg

My Vehicles: '94 Previa LE All-Trac

Re: Another Previa forum

Postby terbennett » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:09 pm

I know the site. The moderator is Lextreme- who is actually on that site or he was. If any of you remember. a couole of years ago, Lex had a turbo project he was working on. He was going to add a turbo to an S/C Previa. That site was started about 6 months ago I believe. He's trying to get a Previa meet going here in So Cal. We'll see.
terbennett
Van Pro!

My Vehicles: 1991 Grey Previa LE, 1991 Maroon Previa LE, Two 1992 Blue Previa LEs

Postby timsrv » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:23 am

I read in his thread "Why Club Previa" the following:

I am not here to put other sites down, but I am very frustrated with other van sites or sections. Either they have terrible forum software or it is just a dead forum. Anyway, long story short I will be posting lots of DIY and Repair so others Previa owners can perform basic repair themselves. Come often and help out.

Since he uses the same software as us, TVP must be the "dead forum" he's referring to. After reading through most of the technical threads on his site I think TVP content is much better (so far anyhow). I think the Yahoo site is the busiest, but I have to agree with the software thing over there. I really hate navigating the Yahoo site.......and posting pics there is a PITA. I'm sure it gets easier as you get familiar with it, but I got frustrated quickly. I really like the software of this forum and Club Previa. It's a real shame our admin is too busy to work out the bugs here. I hope Lex's site takes off for him as it's good to have all the resources we can get. This site (toyotavanpeople.com) worries me due to absentee admin. I always worry about it just disappearing some day and all data lost. Maybe I'll sign up over there and try to talk him into adding a van section??? I was thinking about starting my own forum too, but that just seems like such a waste after all the time I've already spent on this one. Tim
ImageI can't stop collecting vans Image OMG! Help Me!
timsrv
Van Aficionado

My Vehicles: (7) 4wd Toyota vans (9) 2wd Toyota vans.......still looking for more : )

Postby Makelo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Well whatcha know :dance:
The more clubs, the marrier :D
Makelo
Van Pro!

My Vehicles: 1997 Previa LE/SC

Postby Makelo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Tim,
I'm just waiting for you to create your own Toyota Van forum, I will love it :D

We need a bit of forum competition for our vans, maybe that will inspire the moderators here to fix things. But you know, when we have a monopoly, we must suffer the bureaucracy
Makelo
Van Pro!

My Vehicles: 1997 Previa LE/SC

Postby timsrv » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Yeah, every day that goes by without admin taking care of these petty problems I think about it more and more. I don't want to buck the system, I just want things to work right. I would be happy to fix things myself, but I don't have the necessary access. If this site ever disappears, that would would probably give me enough motivation to start my own :yes: . Tim
ImageI can't stop collecting vans Image OMG! Help Me!
timsrv
Van Aficionado

My Vehicles: (7) 4wd Toyota vans (9) 2wd Toyota vans.......still looking for more : )

Postby todd0 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:19 pm

tim, wouldnt they let ya know if this site was going off the net, i would sure hope they would. as far as the problems, are they just busy with other things or what? would be ashame to see this site go away, so much information here. is that other site still around, cant recall the name of it now. all i recall is the guy made and sold the front bumper guard things for the vans.

thanks for the other previa site, id like to get a previa too.
todd0
Van Man!

Postby 95-le/sc-all-trac » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:24 am

clubprevia went down the tubes due to lack of management :(
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8, black
2002 Saturn Sl2 1.9 twin cam,5 speed,blue
makin' room for more van's/prevy's
95-le/sc-all-trac
Van Pro!

My Vehicles: 1997 Toyota Previa Le/sc all-trac silver

Return to Previa Discussion